MVPs are well known for their good heart (like the GeekGive initiative shows) and Client App Dev MVP Gregor Biswanger is no exception. At the latest MVP summit (beginning of March 2011), he took over a DVD about WPF 4 and Silverlight 4 and asked a few Microsoft superstars to sign it. Right now, the DVD is auctioned on eBay and of course the proceeds will go to a charitable work: The German League against Cancer (Deutsche Krebshilfe). The post is in German and English (scroll down for the English text).
This sounds like a great idea, and considering who signed it, it is going to be a real collectible:
- Scott Hanselman (Principal Program Manager Lead in Server and Tools Online)
- Tim Heuer (Program Manager for Microsoft Silverlight)
- Rob Relyea (Principal Program Manager Lead – Client Platform WPF & Silverlight)
- Pete Brown (Developer Division Community Program Manager – Windows Client)
- Eric Fabricant (Program Manager WPF)
- Jeff Wilcox (Silverlight Senior SDE)
- Jeffrey R Ferman (SDET Visual Studio Client Dev Tools)
- Chan Verbeck (Expression Blend Team)
- Yaniv Feinberg (Expression Blend Team)
- Douglas Olson (Director Dev Expression)
- Samuel W. Bent (Principal Software Design Engineer WPF)
- John Papa (Technical Evangelist for Silverlight)
So if you feel that you could do a generous gesture, go ahead and take a look at the auction, and talk about it around you. Let’s prove again that geeks rule, also when it comes to giving to a good cause!