As some of you now, I have been spending most of my free time (which is not much these days once I am done with the amazing projects I am working on at IdentityMine, and the time spent with the family) working on a very simple, very light MVVM toolkit.
This toolkit will encompass
- A DLL with classes that make MVVM applications easier to create and “wire”.
- A “base” ViewModel class that contains utility methods that ViewModels typically need.
- A command class that can be used in WPF and Silverlight, to loosely wire your controls to methods in the ViewModel.
- A messenging system to let ViewModels and other classes communicate in an uncoupled manner.
- A project template to create a new MVVM application in Visual Studio.
- Some snippets to easily extend existing MVVM applications (for example with new properties).
- Some sample applications.
I have already most of it ready, and am working on the sample apps, which is a great way to identify things that are missing from the toolkit. I already learned a lot from working on this, as well as the many discussions around this with my peers in the community.
More blog posts will follow around this topic. Stay tuned!