Sep 16 2006
A colleague asked me what blogs I read, and I thought it would be interesting to blog about that ;-)
Here is a non-exhaustive list of the blogs I like in the moment. Most of the authors were at Mix06 and shared their wisdom with us. For those interested, you can also download my OPML file and import it into your favourite news reader (I like Wizz RSS for Firefox on the desktop, and of course QuickNews for PalmOS). The OPML file contains not only technical blogs, but also general news, technical news, etc...
- ScottGu's Blog: Scott Guthrie is one of my role models as software engineer. Blogs about ATLAS and ASP.NET mainly, but also related topics like IIS, LINQ, Visual Studio, etc...
- nikhilk.net: Nikhil Kothari's website. He is always showing neat tricks and great ideas to make the best out of ASP.NET and especially ATLAS.
- ASP.NET main site: Lots of tips and tricks and downloads. Currently down for maintenance, as it seems.
- ATLAS main site: Didn't really start working seriously with ATLAS, but it's on my TODO list...
- Newsgroup: ASP.NET NG: Not a blog, a newsgroup. Excellent, very active and informative. You'll see me post there too.
Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF, Avalon)
- WPF community site: An aggregator of different Microsoft and non-Microsoft source. My blog also appears there.
- IRhetoric - Karsten Januszewski: One of the few WPF Gurus, Karsten is also very helpful when contacted.
- Daniel Lehenbauer's Blog: Mr 3D, Daniel Lehenbauer does amazing stuff with WPF. Also helpful when contacted!
- Scorbs: Karen Corby works at Microsoft and blogs about her work and life. Very nice blog with great pictures. Also very good insider info about WPF. Author of the Flexible Application Template.
- Even a chimp can write code: Ashish Shetty's blog, lots of WPF and other Microsoft insights.
- laurenlavoie.com: Lauren also works at Microsoft, and is has nice WPF examples, for example the Transparent Windows.
- MSDN WPF: More a forum than a blog. Nice to ask questions to the community.
- Newsgroup: Avalon NG: Not a blog, a newsgroup. Not very active.
- Robert Ingebretsen: More a designer than a software guy, creates pretty impressive UI effects. Too bad he doesn't post often.
Other technical blogs
- GeeksWithBlogs: Mostly .NET related technical blogs, but also daily life of the users.
- Old new thing: I am not a "classic" Windows programmers, and I have no idea how to make a MFC application, but this blog has lots of interesting technical reads and other hilarious posts. A great read!
That's it for the moment. Of course this doesn't list the many, many webpages I access through Google when I am looking for answers or researching a technical subject.