Installing the MVVM Light Toolkit
Please refer to this post for the installation procedures.
Creating the new MVVM Light project
If you are starting from scratch, you can create a new MVVM Light project in Visual Studio or in Expression Blend. The Toolkit installs project templates for Silverlight 3, Silverlight 4, WPF3.5SP1 and WPF4.
- In Expression Blend, select the menu File, New Project.
- In the New Project dialog, select the WPF/Mvvm project type (for a WPF project) or the Silverlight/Mvvm project type (for a Silverlight project).
The templates are also visible in the top category directly.
Executing the application
- To see the sample application, press F5 in Expression Blend.
- For WPF, this starts the application standalone.
- For Silverlight, this starts your favorite web browser.