Installing the MVVM Light Toolkit
Please refer to this post for the installation procedures.
Creating the new MVVM Light project
If you are starting from scratch, you can create a new MVVM Light project in Visual Studio
or in Expression Blend. The Toolkit installs one project template for Silverlight and one for WPF.
- In Visual Studio, select the menu File, New, Project.
- In the New Project dialog, select the Windows/Mvvm category (for a WPF project) or the Silverlight/Mvvm category (for a Silverlight project).
All templates are also visible in the Visual C# category directly.
Executing the application
- To see the sample application, press Ctrl-F5 in Visual Studio.
- For WPF, this starts the application standalone.
- For Silverlight, this starts your favorite web browser.