Should you want to remove the MVVM Light Toolkit from your system, please follow the few steps below. These steps remove the assemblies, the Visual Studio and Blend templates, the code snippets
If you installed with Nuget
Nuget only installs the MVVM Light assemblies into your project. If you want to remove these assemblies, use the following steps:
- Right click on the project and select Manage Nuget Packages.
- In the Manage Nuget Packages dialog, select "Installed Packages" on the right.
- If you installed the full MVVM Light package, select "MVVM Light" and press Uninstall.
- If you installed the MVVM Light libraries only, select this package and press Uninstall.
If you installed with the Extensions and Updates gallery (Visual Studio)
If you installed the "full package" (including the templates and snippets), use the following steps to uninstall:
- In Visual Studio, select the menu Tools, Extensions and Updates.
- Select "Installed" on the left. This shows all the extensions installed on your machine.
- In the list, find MVVM Light and select it.
- Press the Uninstall button.
- Restart Visual Studio.
If you installed the VSIX from Codeplex
The VSIX from Codeplex installs into the Extensions and Updates dialog too!
To remove MVVM Light installed from Codeplex, follow the steps described at "If you installed with the Extensions and Updates gallery (Visual Studio)".
If you installed with the MSI (before V4.2)
MVVM Light before V4.2 was installed with an MSI installer. To uninstall MVVM Light installed this way, please follow the steps:
- Open Control Panels / Programs and Features
- Look for an entry titled MVVM Light Toolkit
- Select this entry and press Uninstall
Alternatively you can also use the Start menu shortcut (if available):
Note: The last step can take a few minutes, due to the need to have Visual Studio update itself.
If like me you are a neat freak, you may want to perform a few additional steps in order to remove old files that were manually installed.
- Download CleanOldFiles.exe
- Go to the download location and locate the downloaded file.
- Right click on the file and select Properties from the context menu.
- (if available) click the "Unblock" button in the General tab of the Properties dialog.
- Right click on the file and select "Run as Administrator" from the context menu.