About the book
by Laurent Bugnion
Printed entirely in color, with helpful figures and syntax coloring to make code samples appear as they do in Visual Studio and Expression Blend!
Official page /
- Use XAML to create state-of-the-art user interfaces
- Create XAML transforms and animations
- Design compelling user experiences with Microsoft Expression Blend
- Integrate media into your rich Internet applications
- Deploy Silverlight content to web pages
- Encode videos with Expression Media Encoder
- Make the most of Silverlight elements, resources, and styles
- Use templates to quickly change your application’s look and feel
- Efficiently debug Silverlight code
- Use design tools to create graphics that import seamlessly into Silverlight
Category: Microsoft Programming/Web Programming
Covers: Microsoft® Silverlight 2
User Level: Beginning—Intermediate
$49.99 USA / $54.99 CAN / £31.99 Net UK
We do our best to provide a great book as soon as possible after Silverlight 2 is released. In this effort, we work very closely with Microsoft to ensure that all the information we print is correct.
There were a few very last minute changes to the Silverlight 2 framework, after the book made it to the press already. This page lists the errata.
The whole source code for Silverlight 2 Unleashed is available. All samples are available in C#, and we're working on offering the samples in VB.NET too.
For each chapter, you will find on this page questions and answers allowing you to review and consolidate your understanding of the chapter.
The page also proposes activities related to the chapter. This material will help you to "dig further" and deepen your knowledge of Silverlight 2.